Publisher CI Games and developer Hexworks have released a new set of screenshots for the lords of the fallen.
Here’s an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
the lords of the fallen presents an all-new epic RPG adventure in a vast interconnected world more than five times the size of the original game.
After an era of the cruelest tyranny, the demon god, Adyr, was finally defeated. But Gods… don’t fall forever. Now, eons later, Adyr’s resurrection draws near. As one of the legendary Dark Crusaders, journey through the realms of the living and the dead in this expansive RPG experience, featuring colossal boss battles, fast-paced and challenging combat, exciting character encounters, and deep and engaging storytelling. immersive. Will your legend be of light… or of darkness?
Dare to Hope.
- Explore vast interconnected worlds – Journey through two expansive parallel worlds on your epic quest to overthrow Adyr. While the realm of the living presents its own brutal challenges, untold terrors lurk in the nightmarish realm of the dead.
- Define your own legend – Fully customize your character’s appearance from a wide range of visual options, before selecting one of nine character classes. Whichever starting path you choose, develop your character according to your own playstyle by upgrading stats, weapons, armor, and spells.
- Master fast and challenging fluid tactical combat – Only those who master deep tactical combat can hope to survive. Choose from hundreds of unique brutal weapons, or forgo metal for magic with devastating attacks of the arcane.
- Join or fight in online multiplayer – Experience the expansive single player campaign or invite a second player to join your adventure in seamless online co-op. But be careful: heroes from other realms can and will invade.
- Use an unholy power device – Your lantern possesses the unholy power to cross between worlds. Use this dark art to reach forgotten places, unearth legendary treasures, and even manipulate the very soul of your enemy.
- rise from death – Fall into the world of the living, and rise again… in the world of the dead. You now have one last chance to return to your life state, as all manner of hellish creatures descend upon you.
- Embark on two vast parallel worlds: the one of the living… and the one of the dead.
- Master a fast, fluid and challenging combat system.
- Wield devastating magical attacks and character upgrades.
- Invite a second player to join your campaign in 24/7 online multiplayer.
- Find a wide range of characters, eager to offer a dubious hand…
- Fully customize your own unique character.
- Choose from nine starting character classes, including Knight, Rogue, and Fire Apprentice.
the lords of the fallen It will be out for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC via Steam in 2023.
See the screenshots in the gallery.